Saturday 1 December 2018

The weather isn't much better, but my mood is.

cycling in the rain by a puddle


My post earlier about not cycling has a part two.

My wife knows how much I benefit from cycling, mentally as well as physically. And I guess she doesn't like me moping around the house. So when the rain eased a bit she suggested I should think about venturing out.

And I am so glad I did. The rain had abated as I left the house but the roads were very wet with big puddles. The wind was still making its presence felt, especially when it caused mini showers, blowing water out of the overhanging trees. There were also some real showers, but I wasn't bothered by them. I was warm and headed for home by then.

Riding later in the day meant more traffic, which lead to more encounters with poor driving. But my mood was lifted so much, the morons couldn't bring me down.

I'm at home now, showered and contented. I'll avoid the television with its repetitive news bulletins and listen to music. Eat dinner with my wonderful wife, and maybe have a glass of wine.

Happy days.

Please add your address to my mailing list, or click the follow button to be kept informed about future posts. 
Follow me on twitter. 

Leave a comment about this post. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or any blog post.

For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 

2 comments:

  1. Where did you go? I didn't go out at all yesterday as the rain seemed to carry on all day, but I'm thinking about a local 'round the block ride' today, the old Woodland Trek springs to mind. Like you, I need to get out, even if it's just for an hour. See you next weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went just passed the Tatesfield Church. It’s rare to go out so late in the day.

      Delete