Saturday 19 January 2019

Bullbeggars Lane

bullbeggars lane godstone

A solo ride today, so I took the Kona past Godstone, round the Enterdent loop and back. I noticed a lane as I left Godstone, and followed it back to the church. It's called Bullbeggars Lane. I can't find out why it has that name. I did discover that when the plague decimated the area the dead were buried in two pits either side of the lane; one for men, one for women. If you know more, please leave a comment bellow.

It wasn't as cold as the forecast said it would be, so I had too many layers on, but it did mean that when I stopped to take pictures I didn't feel the windchill from the chilly breeze.

I was on the mountain bike so went off road for part of the ride. I can't keep the bike too clean for long. I probably have another visit to the jetwash in my future.

Marden Park

I cycled through Marden Park to Gangers Hill then on to Godstone.

The main reason to go cycling is chatting, and tea; without it I arrived home sooner that usual. It will be the two of us tomorrow so the question will be a cafe or not. My vote is for a cafe.

Please add your address to my mailing list, or click the follow button to be kept informed about future posts.
Follow me on twitter. 
Leave a comment about this post. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or any blog post.
For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 

2 comments:

  1. Nice post. Got much colder on Sunday as you'll probably remember. The ride home for me was excruiatingly cold. I'll be checking out the balaclava situation this week, that's for sure. Didn't realise you fancied a caff on Sunday. We will go again, Flowers Farm springs to mind, certainly over the next week or two. Good pix too, by the way.

    ReplyDelete