Sunday 31 March 2019

melancholy

daffodil

After the mood enhancing ride yesterday, today was a come down. I awoke in a low mood not helped by the sound of rain against the window, checking the phone and seeing a text from Matt saying he couldn't make it today. I think the clocks going forward and robbing me of an hours sleep didn't help.

So what to do? Go back to bed, or go out? In the end I did both; an hour later I was out on the bike.

Cycling normally improves my mood, but not this time. Lots of family stuff going on and it was colder and windier than Saturday, finally I was cycling alone. I went through the motions and returned home.

I saw the daffodil alone and growing away for the path, where you wouldn't expect it.

I thought it summed up my mood.

Looking at it again, I guess you could put a positive spin on it. The daffodil grew and made the best of it's situation. I don't know if it was made stronger by the experience, or if it can be used as inspiration, being a flower. But I feel a little better for the thought.



Please add your address to my mailing list, or click the follow button to be kept informed about future posts.
Follow me on twitter. 
Leave a comment about this post. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or any blog post.

For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 


1 comment:

  1. I hope all is alright. Keep your spirits up. Normally a ride blows the mental cobwebs away, but yes, I guess sometimes you need a little more. I'd say 'enjoy your ride' but you clearly didn't. In a way I was glad it rained as it meant that my having to abort (lots was happening) was the right thing to do. I'll be back next week, though, for Saturday and Sunday rides. I thought Saturday was an excellent day and the ride perfect as a result: no flytippers, just blue skies and great conversation (I enjoyed our Brexit chat).

    ReplyDelete