Saturday 11 August 2018

From a hobby to a profession

On the 21st July I shot my first full wedding, click here to see the post. It's taken me until this weekend to process the pictures.

If you read my post you'll know a bit about it. The day was very hot and more intense than I expected. I wanted to test myself and set a target for the resultant collection.

Now it's done I am pleased with the set. I hope the couple and their guests are too.

It gave me a lot to think about the direction my photography should go. I'll hold off on weddings for now, let this one sink in. It's not that I didn't like doing it, I did. I need to think how doing more will affect my passion for photography. It's one thing to have a hobby that you can take or leave as you feel, another to have clients expecting you to deliver. My main job is tech support so I know about delivering on promises and targets. It's what I like about it.

For a short time I helped a friend at track-day event photography. But I did it when I had time, or fancied it. There were a couple of events where I was the only photographer. A bit more pressure because if I didn't get it right Jenny would lose out financially.

I think I have a good idea what it could be like as a full-time photography, maybe I also need to decide what sector it should be in.

A short post then as I plan my next photography steps.

Watch this space.


Please add your address to my mailing list, or click the follow button to be kept informed about future posts. 
Follow me on twitter. 

Leave a comment about this post. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or any blog post.

For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 


No comments:

Post a Comment