Saturday 20 October 2018

There's nothing else to compare

As I got ready to go cycling this morning the radio started playing Can't take my eyes off you by Andy Williams. Marcia, my wife, knew what was coming; I turned to her and started singing. And as I had hoped, she started laughing, shook her head and covered her ears. I'm not a good singer so I can't blame her. This always makes me happy, so riding on my own with a chilly start didn't seem so bad.

Even better, as I walked downstairs I blasted out the chorus and I could hear Marcia laughing again.

Then when I got on my bike it was brilliant, I was in a very good mood.

I stopped to take a picture, even the sun rays were pointing in my direction.

sun rays across the road early morning


Then at the bottom of a hill near home I saw how nature tries hard to overcome adversity.

sunflower at the side of the road


I'm guessing no-one planted the sunflowers, they survived all by themselves.

Please add your address to my mailing list, or click the follow button to be kept informed about future posts. 
Follow me on twitter. 

Leave a comment about this post. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or any blog post.

For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent post, Andy. Hope you enjoyed the ride, sounds like you did. I'm back now, in fact it's 0709hrs on Sunday morning as I write this, but I'll leave cycling until next week. Hope all is well. I got back yesterday evening. All was good, see blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be good to have you back. It was a nice two weekends with only one rain abort. But I have had enough of cycling on my own. I have been reading your blog, It will be great to chat about the trip.

      Delete