Thursday 31 January 2019

too grown up to be so care free

snow covered swing

I am at home waiting for a delivery, and I'm glad I don't have to travel. The UK takes a few days to adapt when the snow arrives. People panic and buy more food than they will be able to eat. Public transport and the roads are a nightmare. Then just as we get use to it, it melts away.

Everyone posts pictures of snow, yes I know.

The picture above is the swing in my garden. It gets used when the grandkids are here during the summer. Even when the garden is wet and muddy they want to go out to play in it. But now it just collects snow. In the spring the seat gets a new coat of paint and it's ready to go.

Cycling is also not certain at this time of the year. It's not too cold, but can be slippery, as this post recalls.

So if it doesn't clear by the weekend the riding could be in jeopardy. We do ride in the snow, but it's difficult to judge how safe the route will be.


We turned around and went back to the main roads.

snow piled up at the side of the road


snow covered swing
Another sad picture

I say sad picture because I know it will be a while until the kids are laughing and running around the garden. They grow up so fast, it won't be long before they feel too grown up to be so care free. 

Please add your address to my mailing list, or click the follow button to be kept informed about future posts.
Follow me on twitter. 
Leave a comment about this post. I would really appreciate your thoughts on this or any blog post.
For more of my work, go to my Facebook page.
and 

No comments:

Post a Comment