Sunday 24 April 2022

On my bike again

riding the trainer
 

I'm moving forward again. Previous highlights were having the stitches removed. Then the all-clear to put a bit of weight on my leg and start physio. Now I've ridden for a couple of times, albeit in the garage.

I knew I'd lost a bit of strength and fitness, but I wasn't prepared for how much.

The good news is that it didn't hurt to get on the trainer. It hurt to bend forward to the bars.

I started on the lowest resistance, warmed up and cranked it up a bit. My heart rate climbed quickly and my leg muscles started to complain

During the next forty-five minutes I turned the dial up and down, to see what I was capable of. Torn between pushing myself and not wanting to do any damage.

I've been doing half an hour after work during the week, and two sessions each day of the weekend.

Things are improving: leg strength, fitness and the hip pain.

I will soon be riding with Matt and Oxted CC again. It is dependant on the next hospital appointment at the end of May.

1 comment:

  1. Take it easy, take your time, but yes, looking forward to riding with you again. Glad you're on the road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete