Sunday 11 October 2020

Where have all the people gone?

Where have all the people gone
 
My photography is going in a new direction.

I feel I am moving away from portraits and people photography in general. This year I did a family commission, a studio shoot in March, and one in August.  

A project with Janice and Saskia is moving along, and a plan for a shoot with Eddy motorcycle consultants is in its early stages.

I have focused instead on the photography for my posts. I think of an idea; type away at it during the week and the challenge is to produce an interesting picture to head the page. And maybe some from the rides I have done, this is getting more difficult. A limited number of locations and routes is testing my creativity. A positive spin would be that it's also pushing me to ride to new places, and think differently.

I might investigate the genre of architectural street: gritty black and white, light and dark, shapes.

I find it hard to translate the vision I have to the camera. It will come with practice.

A colleague at work - Xavier - is also an avid photographer; we are now challenging each other to become more creative. I set the first subject, the title of this post. His reply was colour contrast. I haven't found the target for my camera yet.

Would my readers like to suggest a topic?


2 comments:

  1. Interesting photo. I know what you mean about destinations, I've got a few but they're a bit samey after a while. It's hard to find new routes. In many ways my newest is one of the oldest, Redhill via Stanstead Road. And one day we'll have to do the Sustrans route from Redhill home (after a decent caff breakfast first!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next week, Tatsfield Village again. Today was great. Loved the chat and the sausage sarnies.

    ReplyDelete